Saturday, July 3, 2010

I am looking for pottery people in the montreal area. I need to find someone who does Raku firing.?


Cathy Reeves, Montreal, QC

My ceramic glazing and firing techniques have evolved significantly and I am presently exploring raku and wood-firing since the process makes each piece very unique. These firing techniques also require me to work in a country setting fulfilling my love for nature. I am now expanding my hand-building ventures to include relief murals of many sizes. Throwing pieces at my wheel is a completely different creative process which brings me as much joy as sculpting. I enjoy making functional pieces and like to have fun with my forms and colour choices and love the endless possibilities of exploring with clay on the wheel. For me, the rhythm of throwing, provides a wonderful contrast to that of sculpting.

I think this can help you!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment